09 February 2010

sweets on the brain

I love Valentine's Day. Even when I was single I still loved it. Every year in college I would make strawberry cupcakes with strawberry frosting and red hots candies on top and my friends and I would stuff our faces and watch romantic comedies all day. Good times. This year I could not find red hots (did they stop making them?) so I switched things up a bit and made red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and sweethearts candies on top. I love it when the candy starts to disintegrate into the frosting.I made some cream pies with the remaining batter and frosting. Yum. Now these are just my pre-Valentine's Day treats. Jesse has requested the chocolate cupcakes that I made last week for V-Day. I really would love some macarons though. I found a place in Lincoln Park that is supposed to have amazing ones, but I feel a little silly taking a train to try some cookies. So, I am still searching. These look delicious though, do they not? 

No comments:

Post a Comment